Racing in our DNA
Three generations of proud Italian businessmen.
DOMINO was founded in Cassago Brianza, by Sir Gaspare “Rino” Bertini and his wife Lady Alma Cazzaniga. DOMINO arose as a manufacturer of cable transmissions for clutches and brakes.
Production of the first grip controls, three-speed shifters and throttle controls. The first levers and lever housings were also industrialised for the first time.
A new industrial site was established in Sirtori (Lecco), where the production plants and offices were moved. The founders’ sons, Marco and Paolo Bertini, join the company.
Domino begins producing its first steel and aluminium handlebars.
Domino obtains ISO 9001:1990 certification for the first time
Domino acquires Tommaselli, a company with a historical brand name, founded on the outskirts of Turin in 1930. The company specialises in the production of handlebars, semi handlebars and special parts made from lightweight alloys.
Domino obtains ISO 9001:1994 certification through TUV Sud
Domino creates CADORE: a subsidiary located in Lonate Ceppino (Varese), which specialises in the production of moulds and the injection moulding of plastic components.
Domino restructures its production site with the construction of a new building and new sales offices.
Domino patents the innovative Quick Shifter DQS for shifting gears without using the clutch lever.
Domino is accredited for the production of its handlebars by the German Ministry of Transport (KBA).
Domino creates the first Ride by Wire RBW technology for racing use with Hall effect sensor.
Domino reaches a strategic commercial agreement with an Indian partner for the establishment of a joint venture company in New Delhi.
Domino introduces the Ride by Wire OEM for On-Road motorcycles to its product range
Domino introduces the Quick Shifter DQS with Hall effect sensor to its OEM product range
Domino introduces electronic devices with low current full CAN BUS | CAN FD technology to its product range